2.11.2009

a little bit of music , thrifted goods , & foods

thrift finds



-••-

::the cream blouse was found today
at a salvation army, along with one
of those red silk featherson babydoll
dresses featured by target some time ago.
It was still new & half off, I bought to sell.
I bought both for
$3.60ish
::the brown dress was bought yesterday
at a christian thrift shop on west avenue
which I renowed (in my mind) for cheap
gas, foods, and shops.
I love the collar, it comes with a brown belt-
I place somewhere? fits like a dream.
$3.24

-••-



-••-

::coasters. all brass made in india
very heavy bumpy things I bought at ironside
today. I purchased these from an older lady
that had an extremely hard time hearing.
She said that she could no longer sell any of
her glasswear due to the fact that people
no longer uses glass or china but only paper.
::i bought a this small gold rimmed tea cup made
in france. very cute & will be used shortly.
::the floral item is a baby powder pink hair peice
bought in this 3 story antique shop down town.
they had some very cute vintage dresses that
did not fit me, but I came out with the hair
piece, tea cup, along with the brass frame.

$39
-not too bad, right.

-••-


lullatone-bedroom bossa band

-••-

I was walking around at iron side mall today,
which is a small antique shop filled with over 50
antique vendors when I heard the classic "girl
from Impenema" being played. It was turned
up for a few short seconds, then quickly shut
off - for what reason I don't know. It made me
remember how much I loved this bossa band
that Jonny showed me not too long ago. He heard it on
Giles Peterson's show. Giles has the best taste in music.

::the top photos are of Jonny playing with the records he
got at the antique shop. the third floor of the
antique shop is filled with a small record shop
stacked with great record. The owner of the
shop has been there for years and doesn't
believe in re-releases. Jonny bought some
roy ayers's everyone love the sunshine, dexter
gordon's our man in paris, & donald bird's-black bird.


-••-



-••-

Jonny & I went over to what once
was the jail house cafe. Located here in san an.
The restaurant is now called LuLu's
which is famous for it huge cinnamon roles
& chicken fried stakes. This place is what I describe
as a comfort food diner. Open 24/7 days a week. The place
if covered in hand painted artworks, such as chicken chefs
flipping chicken fried stakes, and slogans such as "never trust a
skinny cook." We ate way too much, but we
still had to buy a cinnamon roll to take home.
As you can see it's very large. We compared it to a gallon of water.


-••-

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails